THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB. Forum Index THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB.
A place to share your experiences with your 3dwaxmill system. 3D Wax Mill

AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 3dwaxmiller Club Forum Highlights
Check this page often for new and important post.

The 3dwaxmiller Club Gallery
See Jewelry, Waxes and other project designed and created by our members with the 3dwaxmill.

Hard times is time for more sharing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB. Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winstone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Hard times is time for more sharing Reply with quote

Fellow millers,
Each of us who own and use the MDX series of cutters as well as other Roland products, Rhino programs, and other support software have been able to seek new markets, do works that were not possible without the Roland products.
Whether we are physically sound, handicapped, or suffer from old age
[me] we can do wonderful projects that only large well menned workshops could do or contract. We are able to work fast and turn on a dime, because unlike the larger firms, we use our jeweler experience, gemological training, and lapidary skills to create physical dreams come true for our special patrons and customers.
So times are a-chang'in and the overall wealth of the consumer has slowed down, but their dreams have not kept pace. This is an opportunity for all Roland millers to let our creativity with mills to shine.
I think that in a time of thrift, that we millers can show what we are really made of as millers. These are the good old days. This time is one of challenge and innovation. The most important trait is to remember the deeper strengths of each miller. We are in this boat together, each miller is important to the whole group, because each has a different outlook, design sense, and interpretation of how to mill an item.
I mill as if I am creating a group of new findings in wax that I can not buy from my supplier. I do not try to reinvent the wheel, but make additions that are not available to me from known sources of materials.
I pray that all millers have a productive and good Holiday Season. That your faith's requirements and the real meaning for this time is Holy, and that your families are safe, healthy, and remember that it is the family that is important in times of lean economics.
The Roland Products have greatly changed the scope and direction of my practice. The MDX mills we own are a God Send, as they have helped me understand the complexities and work involved for millers to create their works. As a master appraiser for insurance companies, I can place a fairer price on those works that require milling for replacement. It is not the same as wax assembleges, or casting a premade wax model, but it takes milling that part, the expense of equipment, cutting tools, waxes, special investments, burnout, finishing, and setting of gemstones. These components as well as original design are all part of the finished replacement product.
I have used my MDX-15's to scan my earlier works, even my earlier hardened rubber molds to make positive digital replications of past works.
In closing, I am proud to be one of Jeff's millers, and to contribute some small part of my experience to help the whole group. Like a family we can disagree without being disagreeable. Peace and good wishes to all ....... winstone [12 days of Christmas is coming soon!]
Winstone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Say a prayer for our WWII vets. Reply with quote

Many years ago many Americans, British, Aussies, and Chinese felt the sting of war. It is a time of reflection and thanksgiving for the sacrifices of many of our partents and grand parents who have fought to give us our current freedoms and dignity.
I come from a family who ended up in a concentration camp. Most of my family did not survive. We all carry the scars of a very difficult time.
In this current season, I will pause and say a silent prayer to those people and departed for their sacrifice. We humans must remember our humanity. Each in their own way will do similar deeds of remembering.
Nuff said...., Happy Holidays, and a Holy Season to all.....winstone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB. Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: