THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB. Forum Index THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB.
A place to share your experiences with your 3dwaxmill system. 3D Wax Mill

AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 3dwaxmiller Club Forum Highlights
Check this page often for new and important post.

The 3dwaxmiller Club Gallery
See Jewelry, Waxes and other project designed and created by our members with the 3dwaxmill.

lonestar pendant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB. Forum Index -> Show Your Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alfonso Vargas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: lonestar pendant Reply with quote

Hi guys wanted to show my wax for a lone star pendant this is the top. hand making the bottom. Im still having trouble with the bit sizes, I see you'all talking about .50 and so on Ive been using a 10 degree single pass cut. Need help on procedure of using bits
This was done on the MDX Thanks Jeff. was pretty eas,y now need to learn to do better on the flips.

pendant wax pattern lonestar.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.15 KB
 Viewed:  13995 Time(s)

pendant wax pattern lonestar.jpg

pendant wax pattern lonestar2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  483.23 KB
 Viewed:  13995 Time(s)

pendant wax pattern lonestar2.jpg

ToddMichael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfonzo;

Here is the post for tool set up, speed and parameters

[url]http://www.3dwaxmill.com/phpBB2/vt.php?t=1504

Also check out one pass milling and some of Pat Schmit's post on the filpper, and he plains the wax to the height and then mills in modela. There you can set up to mill past the bottom and get rid of the flanges I noticed in your casting.

Looks good, keep up with the jobs and the questions.

todd michael

[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
p schmidt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most all the time I use a 10 deg. 010 tapered ball end bit at full speed finish path (one pass cutting) ..If I'm cutting deeper then 5mm I'll slow it down a little maybe to 8-12 mps I don't worry about any other speed feed rates full throtle all the time is all you need with these bits they don't break.....anyway that's how I run my mill, may not be good for anyone else...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB. Forum Index -> Show Your Work All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: