THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB. Forum Index THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB.
A place to share your experiences with your 3dwaxmill system. 3D Wax Mill

AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 3dwaxmiller Club Forum Highlights
Check this page often for new and important post.

The 3dwaxmiller Club Gallery
See Jewelry, Waxes and other project designed and created by our members with the 3dwaxmill.

I guess I'm the newest new guy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB. Forum Index -> New Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: I guess I'm the newest new guy Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm Steve. I have a repair and custom jewelry shop and I have been a lurker on this site for a while. I've been reading every thing I could about mills. So I finally broke down and called Jeff last week, and made plans to go to houston and meet him and pick up my mill. Jeff is a really great guy and gave me some one on one lessons. Im sure I'll be asking alot of questions here, so ya'll bear with me if I ask dumb things. thanks.
Steve Martin
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the family. Reply with quote

Hey Steve,

Welcome to the family. We can be newbie's together. Laughing I just got my mill last week also. It is a pretty addictive little toy. I think I was in the dog house last week with the wife. What time I wasn't on the computer or in the forum reading up, I was in another world with visions of milling jobs dancing in my head. Very Happy Jeff is a great guy. He has been very helpful and quick to help with my troubles. The whole family here is wonderful. I feel like I know all the guys here just from reading up in the forum. When you have time make sure to read up in the forum there is tons of helpful info. and tips.

Chris
frog113

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: welcome Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Very Happy

Larry

McCay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the club guys. Y'all are just beginning the addiction.

Have fun,
McCay
Jwlrymkr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard!
Wait till you actually have a dream about a milling job! LOL

Ken
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Colin Creed
Senior Miller

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Steve,

You'll find there's a ton of info to help you with most of your first "Newbie" problems.
But if you do get stuck, just post your problem.

It doesen't take that long to get caught up in the "milling addiction".
I look forward to seeing your creations.

regards Colin
grivakos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Welcome Steve Reply with quote

Welcome...
The machine has almost endless possibilities.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Jeff and the rest of the guys are very willing to help.

Grivakos +
Winstone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Welcome Steve,
Your adventure is about to begin into custom milling. You will be able to do far more for your clients than you ever dreamed. You can make custom findings, 5 prong heads, custom machined parts that are repeatable, instrument parts, enlarge rings to make sculpture, or reduce objects to jewelry size.
When you start your journey, you might get a 3 ring notebook that has a zipper closure. In that notebook, keep your Roland CD-Disks, Mecsoft Visual Mill book and the Roland printed manual, You might also
start to download those many patterns or 3de files from the forum. Then open them, note the way guys have raised relief, make letters, etc.
Another great source for information is in the Roland Help sections of each program. Also look at their examples.
No question is stupid or bad, we all have made goofs some more than others, but if you fear to ask, you will not learn. In this remarkable web forum, "we wrote the book on how to make jewelry with the MDX-15" nothing exists to date like this forum. Also, you will meet some geat guys and gals who share a passion for exploring the limits of the machine.

Welcome Steve, look at the FTP site, glad to have you aboard. And if you really get stumped, some of us who live and work in your area may pay you a visit and get you started. I did this for Grivakos, met a neat and wonderful man, a new dear friend, and someone of great wisdom and faith.

Welcome Steve and I hope to see your imputs soon. Winstone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB. Forum Index -> New Members All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: