THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB. Forum Index THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB.
A place to share your experiences with your 3dwaxmill system. 3D Wax Mill

AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 3dwaxmiller Club Forum Highlights
Check this page often for new and important post.

The 3dwaxmiller Club Gallery
See Jewelry, Waxes and other project designed and created by our members with the 3dwaxmill.

New Guy from Niagara

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB. Forum Index -> New Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whitenight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: New Guy from Niagara Reply with quote

Hello All;
My name is Michael Whitenight, my wife, Kristin and I run a retail jewelery operation in Niagara falls New York. We have been in Business together 15+years (A feat in itself), at our shop ALL work is done in house, by yours truly, On a recent visit to Cleveland I stopped by a manufacturing buddy of mine, Low and behold he had this great new piece of equipment, a wax mill, I was facinated, I Googled Roland which led me to Jeff, I should be recieving my unit the end of this week, I am looking forward to making my life easier (sic) I have viewed all of the images in the gallery, and am impressed, I hope someday I too can submit my creations, I am a bit nervous though, Jeff says I should have no problems.If anyone has advice for a first timer, PLEASE contact me
It will be deeply apprecaited,

Michael
Chris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the club Michael. You might want to teach your wife to do your bench work, becouse when your new toy comes all you will want to do is play with it. LaughingI've had mine several months and I still catch myself running over every couple minutes to see what it's doing. If you run into trouble or get stumped on something, don't be afraid to ask. Everyone here is very helpful. Read over the topics in the forum they will help out a great deal.

Chris
frog113

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: welcome Reply with quote

Welcome aboard!

Beware. It's addicting!

Larry

Colin Creed
Senior Miller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Michael,

The best advice is to read through the different sections within the Forum, to get a better understanding of what you're dealing with.
Have a look at some of those earlier posts, as there's a lot of good "Newbie" info that gets missed because it's so far back.

Download any of the various examples within the Forum, to see how they've been created & raised to form the design.
This is how I managed to get my head around some of those early designing problems!
If you do get stuck, post your problem as Members are always willing to help.

Most of all, have fun & enjoy playing with your new toy! Laughing

regards Colin
Jwlrymkr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Michael!
You're officially a crazy person now Very Happy and part of the 3de nut ward.

Hope to see some of your work soon.

Regards,
Ken
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Winstone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Welcome Michael,
The best advice that I can provide is for you to start a notebook of items that you find in the forum.
Getting used to thinking like a "miller" will be much easier if you pay attention to the tutorial and then go to the FTP site and download some of the 3de files the guys have placed there.
I have divided my notebook into subjects such as:
Cutters
Moditifations and tools
Rings
Pendants
Logo rings or custom made class rings
crosses
symbols
bracelets
earrings
findings
Waxes
etc.
Then comes the fun part, like an Easter egg hunt, search each part of the forum and find those goodies that the guys have posted.
You learn two ways,
1] by doing
2] by seeing what others have done

Also look at the gallery at the works that are posted.
----
Now in part ii of your workbook have a section for the programs
and a brief description of what each does.
as you work along, be sure to look at the help files in each program and look at the examples.
----
hope this helps,
You will enjoy this machine, and it will make it possible for you to do many things that only the large jewelry houses could do. Winstone
jeff dunnington
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Michael

Lots of great advice here from other 3dwaxmillers.

I can tell you that the members that have regularly visited and participated in the forum are the Jewelers that have been the most successful using the 3dwaxmill Desktop Jewelry Solution..

Looking forward to seeing some of your work in the gallery.

Don't hesitate asking anything here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB. Forum Index -> New Members All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: